- Difficult to produce a tree that is planted too deep because the bag is only 12-14 inches deep
- Root pruning effect of bag eliminates root circling
- Bag is filled with compost made on-site, eliminating field soil loss and utilizing a renewable resource (rather than growing mixes or field soil)
- Final product is much lighter than B&B, reducing handling and shipping costs, as well as planting costs for the end-user.
- The plant can be harvested in the summer, providing great flexibility to the customer.
- Unlike bare root, no special care is required besides watering regularly.
European Hornbeam in a grow bag in our field.